Orbit Group operates in an economic landscape of budget cuts and financial austerity where housing associations provide accommodation to some of society’s most vulnerable people. Organisations need to make savings while continuing to offer the best possible service and support to their customers.
One area with significant potential for improvement was Orbit's largely paper-based tenancy sign up process. This admin-heavy task involved housing officers and tenants filling in forms which then had to be keyed into Orbit’s housing management system back at the office.
This procedure worked, but could cause delays in processing applications; data could also be missed through human error.
Prodo’s solution was an iPad app and online portal accessible to both applicants and housing officers: Orbit Move. The end-to-end digital tenancy sign-up platform, integrated with Orbit’s housing management system, is the first of its kind in the Housing sector.
• Housing officers can create new records within the app.
• Tenants enter their details via the online portal or app version.
• Applicants can save the questionnaire and come back to it later.
• Housing officers can review the application via the app or portal, setting rent, deposit, service charges and more to accept/decline the application.
• Successful applicants complete an online quiz on their tenancy, giving valuable insight on where extra support may be needed.
• Tenants sign their tenancy agreement digitally; their profile on Orbit’s My Account area is created automatically.
Heather Lloyd, Orbit housing officer in Bexley, said: “I was really excited to be the first housing officer at Orbit to help a customer complete their new tenancy using Orbit Move; it is really user friendly and enabled me to spend more quality time with my new customer.”